List of best car engines
Gasoline engines dominate the list of the best car engine in this year version of the Ward’s Auto. This is quite surprising, because usually diesel, hybrid, and electric engine always be on the top list.
Though usually cars with efficient motors such as hybrid and electric are always at the top of the list of the best machines since 2006.
“It used hybrid and electric engines are very revolutionary, but now gasoline engine has undergone significant development, especially in terms of fuel efficiency and performance,” said Chief Editor of Ward’s Auto, Drew Winter as quoted from caradvice.
According to him, electric and hybrid engines get into the list, if they are to increase energy performance and not rely solely on fuel efficiency.
“They can go into the list again if you already have a good performance. We hope the next generation of hybrid and electric engines could be better. Course we’d be happy to put them into a list,” he said.
Here are list of 10 best car engines by Ward’s Auto version:
1. 3.0-liter TFSI supercharged V6 – Audi S5
2. N20 turbocharged 2.0-liter inline-four – BMW 328i
3. 3.0-liter turbocharged inline-six N55 – BMW 135is coupe
4. 3.6-liter Pentastar V6 – Ram 1500
5. 2.0-liter EcoBoost inline-four – Ford Focus ST / Taurus
6. 8.5-liter supercharged V8 – Ford Shelby GT500
7. 2.0-liter turbocharged inline-four – Cadillac ATS
8. 2.4-liter inline-four – Honda Accord Sport
9. 3.5-liter V6 – Honda Accord
10. 2.0-liter four-cylinder boxer – Subaru BRZ