10 sports car most often stolen in US
National Insurance Crime Bureau United States released a list of 10 sports car most coveted thieves. Ten sport cars most often stolen are 2010-2012 models, which were made in the period January 2009 to December 2012.
After read from Autoblog, the data said, sports cars are most often stolen is Chevrolet Camaro with a number of 1509 reports of theft.
The third muscle car accounted for around 87 percent of the total sports car most often stolen.
Meanwhile, a car that looks expensive rarely turns out to be a target of theft. The cars are the Porsche Panamera, Chevy Corvette, BMW 6 Series, and Porsche 911.
Approximately 12 percent of medium sporty vehicles and 15 percent of sporty compact vehicle that was stolen was not found. In fact, more than 30 percent of the premium sporty vehicles stolen were never seen again.
The area is a subscription of theft, LA, Atlanta, and Miami. Meanwhile, the three cities are most rare car back after it was stolen is a New York, Los Angeles, and Detroit.
Sports car theft prone areas:
1. California 764 cases
2. Florida 443 cases
3. Texas 381 cases
4. Georgia 257 cases
5. Michigan 187 cases
Here’s a list of 10 sports car most often stolen in United States:
1. Chevrolet Camaro ( 1,509 thefts )
2. Ford Mustang ( 980 thefts )
3. Dodge Challenger ( 782 thefts )
4. Porsche Panamera ( 103 thefts )
5. Audi A5/S5 ( 101 thefts )
6. Chevrolet Corvette ( 69 thefts )
7. Nissan 370Z ( 47 thefts )
8. BMW 6 Series ( 45 thefts )
9. Porsche 911 ( 24 thefts )
10. Volkswagen Eos ( 23 thefts )